This is What Love is

I was in high school when this happened. I was a freshman going out with who I thought was the love of my life. We did everything together. Cuddled at lunch, sneaked kisses in the hallway, and went out together on picnics and to restaurants. Then, one day he started avoiding me in the hallways and we didn't see each other in the morning or after school as much. The only time I really got with him was at lunch and even then he was talking to his friends instead of talking to me. I went home upset and crying and my mother asked me what was wrong. I told her and the wise saying she told me I would never forget. "In the world, there is love. In love, there is pain. In pain, there is also love. So, therefore, love can be painful yet amazing. So don't worry about him. Instead, worry about the people that already love you for who you already are." She then wiped away my tears and told me that she would love me forever even if I did something horrible. A couple days later we broke up but instead of weeping and crying, instead I said that I hoped one day he would truly find out what love was and went on my way. A couple years later, when I had a child of my own, the same thing happened to them. I told them the wise saying my mother once told me long ago. Then, I told them "That's what love is."

0 comments:

Post a Comment